Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Familiar Road

Nathan and I got callings. I was called as the Committee Chair in Cub Scouts. I couldn't be happier. My heart is in scouting. I love my boys and I love how scouting helps them grow. Nathan hasn't been sustained yet so here is our cliffhanger. Ha ha.

Last Sunday, I spoke in sacrament meeting and I really enjoyed studying and preparing for it. The delivery part is kind of a blur. There were a couple of articles that really made an impression on me. One of them was "Do This In Rememberene of Me" by Jeffery R. Holland. The whole article was inspiring. The point that has stuck with me for almost two weeks now and keeps me focussed on the Savior at all times, is that the Savior kept his scars of the crucifiction. The scars on his perfected resurrected body, are a sign of his love. They are "lesions of love, humility, and forgiveness". Those words resound in my heart as I work on being a good mother, wife, nurse, friend, and witness of him. There is so much power in the sacrament even unto forgiveness...

No comments:

Post a Comment