Saturday, September 25, 2010

Trips to the Hospital





Monday, Ben had his tonsils and adenoids removed. We... OK...I had procrastinated having the procedure done. Doesn't every mom worry and seek the confirmation that you are making the best choice? He had a wonderful ENT surgeon and all went well. I didn't take any after pictures because he was so weak and sad. I just wanted to hold him. I'm glad he is feeling better. I was feeling better about things too.... until Eden passed out twice on Thursday afternoon. I was cleaning her infected earing out and she complained of pain and the next thing I know she goes limp. She had fainted. 10 minutes later she faints again, as I' taking the earing out. Of course this happened before I had to go to work. I made Nathan bring her to the hospital and have her looked at by an MD. They found nothing wrong other than a crazy mom who should have let her lay down for at least 30 minutes before attempting to take the earing out. (The ER doctor didn't say that but I can't help but feel awful about the whole situation.) Thank you honey (Nathan) for being such a good husband and dad.







2 comments:

  1. I hope Ben is feeling much better. I talked to Nathan last Sunday and he didn't even mention that Ben was having the procedure the next day.

    And poor little Eden. I hope her ear clears up. Keeing those earrings clean is always so tricky. That's why I've had my ears pierced so many times.

    Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben is such a brave little boy to be smiling right before.. Glad he is doing better...Mom told me about Eden, I would be scared too, thank goodness I have you to call every time I am a "crazy mom"

    ReplyDelete