Saturday, March 26, 2011

March Madness

Madness is the only word that describes Saturday night. So its Saturday night and the kids are watching a netflix movie and I had sent Nathan on an errand, when all Madness breaks loose. The bottom pan of the oven catches fire, not the bottom drawer just the tray immediately under the oven. I had cleaned it earlier and the grease and left over food crumbs caught fire. I pulled the raw pizzas out and tossed them in the sink and proceeded to turn the oven off. Meanwhile the fire alarm is blarring, the house is smoking over, and the kids are now all upstairs curious. I send the kids outside and spray the oven off with the fire extinguisher...only I'm not sure I have put the fire completely out. I continue to spray until the cannister is empty. ONLY GUESS WHAT I'm am left with a whole house full of flame retardant dust. The whole front room is covered in white debris. I cleaned all Saturday night and after church today but I still have a lot of dusting and cleaning to do. ON TOP of that. We woke up this morning to two to three inches of snow. This is Madness I tell you.

3 comments:

  1. That is hilarious. I can just picture it! What's life without some stories to tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA!! Oh Vivian, I'm sorry. There's always something.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that is crazy..im glad you saved the day, and everyone is ok..My stove caught on fire, only we couldnt put it out, the firemen came and saved our day.so on a good note, its april now.

    ReplyDelete