Sunday, January 30, 2011

Classic Carlson Tale

It is science fair time here at the Carlsons and this story is classic. Brady, my oldest, came home in early November expressing he had to do a science fair project and wanted me to take him to the Library to check out books. Although he did not ask for my help, I felt it is my responsibility to guide him. Ha ha ha. He refused any help from me other than to take him to the Library. Days come and go and I keep pushing with no avail. Nathan comes home and in a 20 minute "hang out" session they "got it" all "figured out". (Did you notice the "quotes"?). I of course don't get it and it becomes a little bit of a drama. Long story short, Brady came home Friday and said "Mom, you know how you said my science project wasn't that good, well I'm going to the district competition". It was one of two physics projects that won! Mind you my intention wasn't to say that it "wasn't good" apparently I just didn't get it.

2 comments:

  1. That's funny, Viviann! Lesson learned: let dads do ALL projects. Twist my arm!

    I really do hate science projects! I'll share the moral of this story with Kaid and get him right on it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Brady!!!! Such a smartie pants.

    ReplyDelete